We look forward to seeing you at Dahlstrom Dental!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. For example:
- Our office communicates with you before each appointment via phone call, email or text message to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have designated parking spots outside our office for you.
- We ask that you wait outside the office, preferably in your vehicle during our cold and rainy winter months, until you are invited in.
- The front desk has a clear shield installed.
- We have hand sanitizer and a mask (or bring your own) that we ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys.
- We require hand washing or hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- We have introduced an oral pre-rinse for all patients.
- We record temperatures of every patient upon entering the office.
- We record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the workday.
- You will see personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our dentist and team to provide increased barriers.
- We are performing enhanced operatory and office disinfection procedures between patients in addition to our already high standard of infection control.
- The office has ambient air management with UV-C and HEPA air filtration continuously operating in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We are doing our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We are adopting this modified work schedule to start on May 19, 2020.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. Joey Dahlstrom and Team
The oral health of your entire family is our top priority. We understand many of our patients have fear about visiting a dentist so our staff is here to provide you and your family with the caring, gentle care that you deserve in a comfortable environment.
We offer convenient appointment times, the latest in dental technology and lots of patient education for you and the family. Our office processes most dental insurance claims in real time and we will work with you to make treatment affordable, easy and effective.
When you visit our office you will experience all that modern dentistry has to offer, including a comprehensive list of general, restorative and preventive dental services to meet the needs of your whole family. Our goal is to assist each patient in achieving and maintaining long term dental health and a beautiful smile. To see a full list of our services visit the procedures page.
Our team of dental professionals are here to assist our patients in learning more about their oral health. This website is a resource we hope you'll find useful in making more informed decisions about your dental care.
Please browse through our site to learn more about our practice, dental conditions and treatments, dental recommendations, our team of dedicated professionals and more.
If you have any questions or concerns be sure to give us a call or contact us through this website. If you would like to schedule an appointment you can reach us by phone or you may also use our online appointment request form.
Dr. Joey Dahlstrom Inc.
921D Canada Avenue
Duncan, BC V9L 1V2